On one sunny day, I was on campus and noticed new food trucks in the court yard. I thought the food offered by these trucks on the previous day were creative and delicious. I wondered how many food trucks are in the area so as anyone would, the first place I turned to was Yelp and Google.
The iOS platform is for customers to find nearby vendors easily and make a quick decision on where to eat next. The platform would need to deliver reliable and up-to-date information. Understanding key user behaviors is important for a seamless user experience.
From my research it was pretty clear that most of the food truck finder apps out there today are lacking great user experience and quality data. I saw an opportunity to focus on the user experience that was unique and efficient to find new vendors.
Users include college students, young professionals, and myself included.
Swift, RxSwift, Python, Mongodb.
- Intuitive user expereience
- Fun and engaging colors and user interface
- users couldn’t tell if they were selecting a vendor spot or a truck
- vendor/spots operational hours were not very clear
- users didn’t know what the fire was for and didn’t know they could press it to vote
- users wanted the ability to choose what category of food they wanted to see (exp. vegan)
-- users kept clicking on the menu items expecting more details (I’ll be adding menu features after this current iteration)